Monday, February 9, 2009

New Beginnings

I haven't blogged in about 4 years. I know I have a couple of accounts in cyberspace already created but my hub has strongly cautioned me about logging into my anti-Oprah blog at work and who knows where the other one is.

It's for the best though, as those blogs were just rants about things outside of my life, I had lots of energy to waste on things beyond my control, like how Oprah gains wait on purpose because it's the only thing she has in common with regular people.

Since I have just started the medically assisted fertility journey I find myself wanting to post far too much detail on message boards about the colour of my cervical mucus and such. I realized I needed a place to post every detail of my life for all (no one) to view voluntarily.

I just finished my first failed cycle of IUI. I finally feel like I fit in with the infertility vets. Sure in the last three years I have have 36 devastating months where Flo shows up despite the certainty that this was the month I would finally get pregnant. But now that I have paid a few thousand to get the same results, I finally feel like I fit in.

My biological mother was pregnant 4 times before she was 18. My adopted mother, her sister, could never have children. In my twenties my adopted mother started pushing for me to have a baby, even though my partner was an alcoholic loser. In my late 20's she started telling me that I better hurry and I would probably not even be able to get pregnant and I should start doing research now. So here I am proving her right.

No comments:

Post a Comment