Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My sky was falling

So I've spent the last 24 hours a blubbering mess. The nurse called to let me know that my cycle had been cancelled due to a FSH level of almost 16. Wow, you would think that she called to tell me I had a terminal illness. I avoided tear spillage but only thanks to the kleenex soaking everything up. My nose was running like a toilet in Parkdale and I pretended to be talking on the phone whenever someone came by. Ann tried corning me in the bathroom but I split fast. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I would have lost it. Pretty sure she thinks I have AIDS, it's the only explanation for my distress.

On the way home I text Jim to make sure the house would be empty to receive me in the current condition. But no, Greg was home and he wanted to celebrate because he just got engaged to the Sasquatch, hurray!! I told Jim I was taking the car and going back downtown to Wendy's. He met me at the bus stop and sat in the car while I cried. It was good until he said he wished I could just go home and pretend that everything was normal. He's such a good man 99% of the time so when he says things of this moronic magnitude, it's with some guilt that I blow a gasket.

I stayed home from work today, still a bit of a baby and my eyes are swollen shut but I'm starting to feel a bit better. I emailed the clinic to let them know that I want to skip IUI and go straight to IVF so now I wait.

In the meantime, I need to take this time to get into better shape. Especially if there is going to be a wedding in the future. There will probably be a lot of magazines there to document the case of man marrying beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment